2014 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND ANNUAL OUTDOORS FORUM
As previously advised to all members the 2014 Annual General Meeting of Outdoors New Zealand will be held on:
- Date: Thursday 23rd October 2014
- Venue: YMCA, Hereford Street, Christchurch
- Time: TBA
- Register: For further information or if you wish to attend please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th of October.
In the next week we will be emailing to all past and current Financial Members the following:
- Confirmation of the time the AGM will start
- The Constitution
- Board Nomination Form (there are 2 vacant positions on the Board)
- Proxy Form
- Representation Form
Please note that the AGM is open to members of Outdoors New Zealand only. Multiple people from member organisations may attend, however only one nominated person per organisation will be supplied with the official papers and has voting rights.
ANNUAL OUTDOORS FORUM
Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th October 2014 at the YMCA, Hereford Street, Christchurch
The Board plans to have an Annual Forum as per usual and bring every one up to date with the trials and tribulations of the past few months.Plans are still coming together, however we intend to see the following presented:
- A discussion on sector advocacy and self determination for outdoor participation and education organisations
- An opportunity for you to discuss any topics of importance to you as a member of ONZ
- ONZ governance and membership structure
- The Selling of Outdoorsmark to Skills Active and the changes to the safety auditing environment, particularly the shift from safety culture to compliance
- The "new look" ONZ and our new role in the changed climate of funding and services provision
- The Annual Dinner and Outdoors Awards (forms for nominations coming your way soon)
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me,otherwise I look forward to seeing you all there.
The ONZ Board