To join Outdoors New Zealand today, click on the button below:
ONZ’s mission is to lead a vibrant and effective outdoors community by advancing the use, enjoyment and safety of NZ’s outdoors.
We achieve these outcomes by providing leadership, coordination, and support across ﬁve key areas: sustainability, participation, professional development, education, and safety.
Organisations with a National or Regional Membership can vote at the ONZ AGM. Voting means having a say in the strategic direction of ONZ.
Read about the membership categories and voting structure (PDF).
The membership year is from 1 July to 30 June the following year.
ONZ Members 2013-2014
View the current list of members (PDF).
ONZ still has some classification issues to resolve, maily because it adopted a new membership structure this year. These issues will get worked out soon.
Whether or not you're a member, ONZ works for the whole outdoors community (PDF).
However, Membership means extra benefits for you and/or your organisation.
Read the extra benefits of the three different types of membership:
Extra benefits at a glance:
- Representation at local, regional and national levels
- Free member profile on Outdoors New Zealand website
- Free job listings on Outdoors New Zealand website
- Free event listings on Outdoors New Zealand website
- Networking opportunities throughout the country
- A wide range of professional information and resources
- Monthly e-newsletter - Te Karere Waho
- Twice yearly magazine 'Ki Waho - Into the Outdoors'
- The New Zealand Journal of Outdoor Education
- Preferential member rates for events such as The Outdoors Forum, conferences, workshops and seminars
- Preferential member rates for advertising
- Opportunity to enter The Outdoors Awards
- Free legal consultation
- Discounts and offers
- Forest & Bird member rates when booking Ruapehu Lodge
- $50 discount on printing with print experts Vertia
- Cactus products at trade rates
- 50-80% off gym membership with Fitness NZ
Terms of Membership and Constitution
About Outdoors New Zealand
Outdoors New Zealand is the peak organisation for the outdoors recreation community. We provide leadership, advocacy and support for professionals and organisations working in outdoor education, outdoor leisure and outdoor commercial operations.
Members include outdoor recreation, outdoor education and adventure tourism operators as well as clubs, outdoors event organisers, retailers, professional associations, and standards setting bodies.
Founded in 1997, we recognise the value of mutually beneficial relationships. We provide collaborative leadership and advocacy in the outdoors community and foster strong relationships with our member organisations and the wider outdoors community.
A key objective of ONZ is to build and enhance capacities within our membership to enhance the outdoors community, both nationally and internationally.
We encourage you to show your commitment to the community by becoming a member of ONZ. By doing this you will be supporting efforts to ensure outdoor recreation and education interests are protected and enhanced across New Zealand.
For Membership enquiries, please contact:
Outdoors New Zealand PO Box 6011, Wellington 6140Phone: +64 4 385 7287Email: firstname.lastname@example.org